The new COVID 19 measures for Charela Inn includes :-
enhanced luggage services, continuous cleaning of high-touch
public areas and surfaces (restrooms, handrails, tables),
several hand-sanitizing stations, physical distancing rules in
public areas (lobbies, restaurant, pool), more emphasis on
cashless and mobile-ordering options, enhanced room cleaning
practices and new housecleaning policies. All our team members
have been fully trained and are equipped with all necessary
requirements as per the Government of Jamaica and WHO
guidelines, to ensure the health and wellbeing of you our guests
and also our team members.
1. On entering you will be required to step on a sanitizing
foot mat and sanitize your hands at the automatic dispenser,
your temperature will be checked with an infrared thermometer,
no one will be allowed to enter without going through this
2. It is required that all persons wear a mask/shield when
entering the property and while in public areas. You will also
be required to maintain social distancing of six feet, floor
markers will be in place.
3. Frequent sanitization of the reception lobby (chairs,
railings, door handles and all exposed surfaces) will be done
before and after each use.
4. Keys will be placed in a drop box to be sanitized between
5. We recommend that guests use the telephone or online
messaging apps e.g. Whatsapp, to ask the receptionist questions
or to make special requests thus limiting face to face
interaction. These apps are free to use and we provides free
WIFI to all visitors/ guests.
6. All magazines, books and pamphlets have been removed from
the reception area; however these items may be accessed for
single use by asking the receptionist for the information. It is
also recommended to utilize online resources.
1. All suitcases will be sanitized before touching as well as
the luggage cart after each use.
2. Luggage will be left outside the guests’ room for them to
take inside the room unless assistance is ` required.
1. The entire area including fixtures will be sanitized
regularly as required
2. Information promoting hand washing and sanitizing will be
posted where it can be clearly visible.